Saturday, June 15, 2013

Some Design Work

I've been working on a few pieces just to keep practicing using illustrator and getting comfortable with it. I've been trying to accustom myself to the pen tool to do the drawings. I really like the pen tool and its definitely getting easier to use than the "freehand" pencil. I've been working on just random stuff like t-shirt designs, to baby announcements.

This is just a small preview of my creation of the baby announcement.
Since the sex of the baby was not really important to me color wise, I chose a light teal at first then chose this light yellow.


I kept the design simple, and not too elaborate  I decided that adding an image to the design would help work with it. This way the design doesn't overpower the actual meaning of the work and whats important in terms of hierarchy. I really enjoyed doing this simple design. I expect to keep working on this and trying to add more stuff.

Please if you're going to share this image, credit me. It is my artwork, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment