Monday, June 17, 2013

Staying Healthy: VegFruit Smoothie

So I've been trying to stay healthy lately. I try to eat less and eat more veggies along with fruits. But unfortunately I sometimes forget or I don't have time, or anything other excuse I can come up with. So I decided to make my own blend of essential fruits and vegetables that are both good for weight lost and healthy for your body, skin, etc. Fruit and veggies should be a part of your diet. They have vitamins and minerals that are essential for our body's health. Here's my errr recipe, sort of. I mean you can mix in some other veggies and fruit in you want, but this is what I drink.

What you will need:
This is for 9-10 servings (I have a big family)
You can also refrigerate for the next day or later

1/2 cup of these fruits: (I use frozen, to have a cold smoothie)
Strawberries
Blueberries
Blackberries

1 apple sliced
1 banana, peeled and sliced
1 mango, peeled and cut into squares
1/2 cup of sliced celery
1/2 cup of baby carrots
1 cup of water
1 cup of orange juice

Then you just blend it all in the blender like this:


The apple acts like a natural sweetener along with the banana. So Dont Add Any Sugar! You shouldn't need to add any more. 
I absolutely love this smoothie. Its so delicious and nutritious! I love drinking this and I'm having a serving of my vegetables and fruits.  

Again you can add anything you want to it. I suggest kale, spinach, and any other yummy fruits.

I hope you try out this recipe. And if you do please let me know how it was!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment